Summer Junior Program
ELC offers residential Junior Programs for students between the ages of 14-17 as well as 11-13 (at UCSB and Wheelock College). The Summer Junior Program give students the opportunity to study and live on a famous American university or college campus. ELC offers the Summer Junior Program at four unique and prestigious campuses located in the heart of each city. These locations are UCLA (Los Angeles), UCSB (Santa Barbara), Wheelock College (Boston) and MIT (Cambridge).
Summer Junior Program details
- 2-week minimum, begin any Monday
- Semi-Intensive English Program – 20 lessons per week (50 minutes/lesson)
- Full-board residence accommodation (18 meals per week)
- Daily afternoon and evening activities (Monday-Friday)
- Full-day excursion each Sunday
- Optional evening and Saturday activities/excursions
- Local transportation and airport transfer
- All texts and materials
- Certificate of completion
- Maximum class size: 15
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
Dates: June 28 - August 09, 2014
SUMMER JUNIOR PROGRAM INFORMATION
Explanation of Courses
Number of levels: up to 12
English level evaluation with multi-level placement: Placement testing includes a grammar section, a writing section, and an interview with the Director of Courses. The three separate components of the test allow us to make accurate placements for each of the students’ classes.
Grammar Structure and Usage
- Teaches students the rules of grammar usage through communicative teaching methods.
- Gives students the opportunity to practice using grammar in both speaking and writing.
Conversation, Listening, Vocabulary and Pronunciation
- Gives students practice speaking in English and listening to and understanding English spoken by native speakers.
- Provides students with feedback and special exercises to help improve pronunciation.