The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board is pleased to welcome the world to our wonderful city. Located in the Great Lakes region, Windsor is the southernmost city in Canada; stretching as far south as San Francisco, California and Rome, Italy. As well, we are central to a number of large metropolitan cities such as Toronto, Chicago, New York, and Washington that are close enough to explore.
The Ontario educational system is among the best in the world; a reflection of high academic standards, highly trained teachers, and modern, state-of-the-art schools. We offer specialized programs such as International Baccalaureate, French Immersion, Specialist High Skills Major Programs, ESL support, and Advanced Placement; as well as a wide range of extracurricular activities and organized excursions.
Our ultimate goal is to nurture the mind, body, and soul of our students and we look forward to having you study with us!
Why study in Canada?
Canada has an array of natural wonders and exciting opportunities to explore; from the beauty of Niagara Falls to cosmopolitan Toronto, Canada has something for everyone.
The United Nations ranks Canada as one of the best countries in the world to live based on our health and educational systems, cultural and recreational facilities, public safety, andqualityof life. In terms of education, Canadian schools rank among the best in the world.
Our schools are provincially accredited, follow a standard curriculum, and employ only government certified teachers. As a result, a high school diploma from a Canadian secondary school is highly recognized throughout the world.
Click here to view map ::view::
Welcome to Windsor
Windsor is the place to be; with a moderate climate, beautiful beaches and parks, world renowned waterfront and plenty of recreational opportunities.
Located along the border with the United States, Windsor is a ten minute drive to downtown Detroit, where people have access to professional sports, concerts, museums, and shopping. We have everything that a big city offers, but with the comfort and safety of a smaller community. Our location is truly unique; we are centrally located and within a short
drive of many large cities and beautiful natural destinations for students to explore. From the beauty of Northern Ontario to the excitement of Toronto and Chicago, there is so much to see and do during your stay in Windsor. All this combined with the fact that Windsor is one of the top ten smartest communities in the world and it is easy to see why Windsor is the place to be!
Natural Areas: Point Pelee National Park, Ojibway Park and Nature Centre, Ganatchio Trail, Navy Yard Historical Site
WFCU Centre which hosts concerts, sporting events, and shows
Performing Arts Venues: Capitol Theatre, Chrysler Theatre, Windsor Symphony Orchestra, Windsor Light Opera Waterfront with Sculpture Garden, Bike trails, and Peace Fountain
Cultural Amenities: Art Gallery, Francois Baby House Museum, Underground Railway Museum
University of Windsor, St Clair College, Boreal College
Sports Teams: Windsor Spitfires (Minor Professional Hockey) and Windsor Express (National Basketball League)
Sports Teams: Detroit Red Wings (National Hockey League), Detroit Pistons (National Basketball Association), Detroit Tigers (Major League Baseball), Detroit Lions (National Football League)
Performing Arts Venues: Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Detroit Opera House, Fox Theatre, Fisher Theatre, Majestic Theatre
Cultural Amenities: Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Science Centre, Motown Historical Museum, Museum of African American History, Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village
Shopping Districts: Somerset Mall, Great Lakes Crossing
In the news
Windsor-Essex county named safest community in Canada
Assumption robotics team headed to world championships
Windsor, on list of world’s most intelligent cities
The best place to live in Canada... Windsor- Essex county
- Statistics Canada
- The Windsor star, September 2012
- The Windsor Star, April 2013
- The Star Canada, January 2011
- Money Sense Magazine, April 2006
Arriving to Windsor is easy and convenient.
There are direct flights to Toronto with multiple connecting flights daily into Windsor. As well, students have the option of flying into Detroit Metro Airport; another major airport with direct flights from all over the world. We arrange transfers to and from both Windsor and Detroit airports. With multiple options, students can enjoy flexibility and savings when booking their flight.
Program length / starting dates
One academic semester: Late January/ early February until Mid June OR Late August/early September until late January
Two academic semesters: Late August/early September until Mid June
Why should you choose THIS school district?
- Very few Brazilians.
- Very attractive location. Our location is truly unique; we are centrally located and within a short drive of many large cities and beautiful natural destinations for students to explore.
- Academically strong. At least one of their schools has the IB (International Bachelor) program.
- The school offers a large number of extracurricular activities that include the Math Club, A Squad, Art Club, Chess Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Environment and Outdoor Club, and Science Fair, as well as a number of individual and team sports.
- They also offer Dual Credit Program with St. Clair College in multiple disciplines that include Introduction to Canadian Business, Chemical Laboratory Techniques, Fashion Design, Web Design, Computer Animation and many more.
- Great facilities. At least one of their schools has state-of-the-art auditorium, gymnasium and physical-weight training facility.
- Homestay placement provided by very experienced and service oriented company which operates for more than 30 years. They carefully screen each home by completing interviews, in-home visits, criminal background checks, and reference checks.